Athletes and active individuals are unique in that they put their bodies through high levels of physical stress day in and day out which, over time, can cause excessive wear and tear on joints, tendons, and cartilage. Over time this "wear and tear" can often lead to more serious issues such as musculoskeletal injuries, joint inflammation and stiffness, and in the worst case scenario symptoms of osteoarthritis can appear. These issues can often have a crippling effect when it comes to further exercise and activities of daily living. This is why NutraBio developed Extreme Joint Care... a full joint and musculoskeletal support matrix containing clinically validated and therapeutically dosed patented ingredients that supports overall joint health, protects and renews cartilage, improves function and mobility, reduces inflammation, and minimizes the stress exercise puts on your body. Take a close look at the fully transparent label and you will find:
- 1500mg D-Glucosamine Sulfate - A natural component in the growth, repair, and maintenance of cartilage. It may also assist with the slowing down of joint damage.
- 540mg Chondroitin Sulfate - Forms the structural framework of collagen, not to mention promotes water retention within the joint structure, and increases joint flexibility and resistance to compression forces.
- 442mg Gelatin – In athletes shown to support joint health and possibly reduce the risk of joint deterioration.
- 500mg Opti-MSM® - Plays a role in maintaining the cushion between joints to support mobility and protect healthy cartilage.
- 200mg Meriva® Turmeric Phytosome - Supported by 22 clinical trials demonstrating effectiveness for joint health, and healthy inflammatory response after exercise and similar exertion.
- 200mg KollaGen II-xs™ - The unique combination of natural nutrients found in kollaGen II-xs™ have been scientifically proven effective for joint health and flexibility.
- 100mg ApresFlex® - Helps protect against collagen degradation and improves joint comfort, function and mobility.
- 100mg Hyaluronic Acid - Plays a key role in cushioning and lubricating areas such as tendons, joints and muscles.
- 5mg Bioperine - Enhance absorption of the active ingredients in Extreme Joint Care leading to higher bioavailability.
- 3mg Boron - Used by the body to build bones, improve the absorption of calcium, and for building and repairing joint cartilage.
Extreme Joint Care is in a classification of its own. A true joint support formula from the most trusted and innovative name in sports nutrition, NutraBio, who believes in using only the most efficacious, clinically dosed, and research backed ingredients on the market without all the fluff. Extreme Joint Care contain no proprietary blends, fillers, excipients, chemicals, or any other harmful or unneeded additives. Only ingredients shown by science to work and produce results. No corners were cut in making Extreme Joint Care. It covers all the bases to promote optimal joint health and support your fitness goals.
Like a fine tuned machine, your body is a system of many parts that all work together to create movement. When everything functions well there are no issues. However, any one problem (i.e. joint inflammation) in the entire system can have disastrous consequences as a whole. As the saying goes "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." From top to bottom the ingredients found in Extreme Joint Care will help support optimal joint and musculoskeletal health and may help prevent the ill effects of bodily wear and tear due to exercise. Compare NutraBio Extreme Joint Care to any other so called joint support supplement on the market and ask yourself whose formula was created WITHOUT COMPROMISE. We think you'll find that even the most "self-proclaimed" best formulated joint supplement pales in comparison to Extreme Joint Care.
Still not convinced NutraBio Extreme Joint Care is the premier joint support formula on the market? Check out what others are saying:
"NutraBio: Taking it to the EXTREME with Joint Care!" – Submitted by kalans via supplementreviews.com
"Priced right and effective, hard to pass this one up if you're looking for joint care" – Submitted by deumcole via supplement reviews.com
"The most complete joint formula I've ever taken" – Submitted by Durden998 via supplementreviews.com
The Science Behind NutraBio Extreme Joint Care
A closer look at the key ingredients and doses used to make NutraBio Extreme Joint Care the premier joint support matrix on the market.
VITAMIN D3 (2000 IU)
- Vitamin D, also known as the sunshine vitamin, has many health benefits as a fat soluble vitamin.
- Vitamin D assists with calcium absorption and maintains calcium and phosphate levels. Without sufficient Vitamin D, bones can become weak, thin, and brittle.
- Vitamin D serves other functions in the body including neuromuscular function, immune function, and controlling inflammation.
- Low levels of vitamin D have been shown to correlate with many joint issues such as inflammatory joint disease, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, and musculoskeletal back pain.
- Research has shown that low levels of Vitamin D can cause knee pain and supplementation can provide some knee and hip related pain relief.
- Manganese is a trace mineral that is present in tiny amounts in the body. It is found mostly in bones, the liver, kidneys, and pancreas.
- Manganese helps the body form connective tissue, bones, blood clotting factors, and sex hormones.
- Low levels of manganese in the body can contribute to infertility, bone malformation, weakness, and seizures. Some experts estimate that as many as 37% of Americans do not get the recommended dietary intake (RDI) of manganese in their diet.
- A few clinical studies of people with rheumatoid and osteoarthritis suggest that manganese taken along with glucosamine and chondroitin can reduce pain.
D-GLUCOSAMINE SULFATE 2KCL (1500mg)
- Glucosamine Sulfate is an amino sugar and a precursor in the biochemical synthesis of glycosylated proteins and lipids found in the body. Glycosaminoglycans are highly polar, and attract water which in turn is useful for the body to use as a lubricant component of cellular fluidity and joint mobility.
- Glucosamine produced in the body is a natural component in the growth, repair, and maintenance of cartilage. It also assists in lubricating joints, prevents breakdown, and assists with the slowing down of joint damage.
- Glucosamine when combined with chondroitin has shown to assist with pain relief in association with arthritis.
- Studies show that supplementing glucosamine sulfate will reduce the rate of collagen (joint tissue) degradation and symptoms of osteoarthritis.
- A study conducted by Noack et al. (1994) in persons with knee osteoarthritis, found supplemental Glucosamine at 1,500mg daily for 4 weeks was associated with greater pain reduction than placebo and a greater response rate to treatment (55% relative to 38% for glucosamine and placebo, respectively).
CHRONDROITIN SULFATE (540mg)
- Chondroitin Sulfate functions as a glycosaminoglycan to form what are called proteoglycans. Proteoglycans and collagen comprise the two most important components of connective tissue.
- Proteoglycans form the structural framework of collagen, not to mention promote water retention within the joint structure, and increase joint flexibility and resistance to compression forces.
- The combination of chondroitin, glucosamine, and manganese (three ingredient found in this formula) have been shown to more significantly blunt the progression of cartilage degeneration compared to when taken individually.
- A recent double blind, placebo controlled, randomized, multicenter study involving 110 patients with knee osteoarthritis confirmed that chondroitin sulfate supplementation significantly decreased knee joint degeneration and improved measures of pain and joint function.
OPTI-MSM® (METHYLSULFONMETHANE) (500mg)
- MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) is made up of 34% sulfur—the fourth most abundant mineral in the human body. Sulfur is an important nutrient for the maintenance of healthy joints, tendons, ligaments and other connective tissue.
- MSM supports overall joint health and normal range of motion.
- MSM plays a role in maintaining the cushion between joints to support mobility and protect healthy cartilage.
- MSM may improve joint stress recovery time and prevent chronic joint issues.
- Lastly, MSM assists in the breakdown of unhealthy calcium deposits for which some of these deposits can be a cause of joint issues.
- In studies, OptiMSM® has been shown to encourage a significant reduction in pain and deterioration of cartilage matrix in joints. Also revealed was the ability of OptiMSM® to improve mobility and modify the immune response.
- Gelatin is a protein that contains collagen, which is one of the materials that make up cartilage and bone. It is thought that gelatin might help arthritis and other joint conditions.
- In one study 175 patients with osteoarthritis of the knee were randomly assigned to receive either a daily gelatin supplement or a placebo. Those who ate a supplement containing gelatin plus calcium and vitamin C had significant improvements in pain, stiffness, and mobility measures.
- In another study (Clark et al., 2008) of 147 athletes, gelatin supplementation was shown to improve joint pain. The results of this study have implications for the use of gelatin to support joint health and possibly reduce the risk of joint deterioration in athletes.
MERIVA® TURMERIC PHYTOSOME
- Curcumin, the active component of turmeric, has an established history of supporting joint health, a healthy inflammatory response and potent antioxidant activity, but its health benefits are limited by its poor absorption from the gut.
- Meriva® is a unique turmeric phosphatidylcholine complex (phytosome) that is significantly better absorbed than regular turmeric extracts. Meriva® enhances oral absorption by over 20-fold, thus helping to maximize the beneficial impact of turmeric on the body's inflammatory response.
- MERIVA® is supported by 22 clinical trials demonstrating effectiveness for joint health, and healthy inflammatory response after exercise and similar exertion.
- Three studies conducted with MERIVA® on subjects demonstrated significant improvements related to stiffness, muscle soreness, physical function and overall quality of life.
- In a recent eight-month human trial, Meriva® was shown to support a healthy inflammatory response. Individuals also experienced improvements in clinical and biochemical end-points associated with joint health.
KOLLAGEN II-XS® COLLAGEN TYPE II (200mg)
- Type II collagen (CII) is a peptide and component of joint cartilage. Its oral ingestion appears to reduce autoimmunity to the body's own CII, resulting in less inflammation in instances of osteoarthritis and rheumatism and benefits to joint health.
- Kollagen II-xs™ uses an exclusive water extraction technology process to extract denatured Chicken Collagen Type II Powder without using solvent (ethanol) or harsh chemicals. This process reserves important nutrients and molecules for optimum assimilation to help damaged cartilage.
- Necessary amino acids and mucopolysaccarides found in kollagen II-xs™ are the perfect supplement blend of chondroitin, hyaluronic acid and collagen type II protein. This unique combination of natural nutrients has been scientifically proven effective for joint health and flexibility.
- A recent study showed that kollaGen II-xs™ supplementation appears to benefit joint inflammation, secondary mobility (76% improvement) and other tertiary effects (62% improvement). KollaGen II-xs™ also significantly reduced pain (reduced 88%) and led to a normalizing of Saliva pH levels which is often indicative of a reduction in inflammation.
APRESFLEX® (BOSWELLIA SERRATA EXTRACT) (100mg)
- Boswellia serrata extract is a phytopharmaceutical which appears to be quite anti-inflammatory and be helpful against osteoarthritis. It also appears to have preliminary evidence for anti-inflammatory joint disorders.
- AprèsFLEX® is a new, patent-pending dietary ingredient targeting mediators of comfort and flexibility. These include 5-lipoxygenase, 5-lox activating protein (FLAP), TNF-α and other important mechanisms. By supporting normal, healthy levels of these mediators, AprèsFLEX® promotes healthy joints and connective tissues.
- AprèsFLEX® also more effectively inhibits MMP-3 activity, helping protect against collagen degradation, an important component of connective tissues.
- Tests show that compared to AKBA (Acetyl-11-keto-ß-boswellic acid) alone, AprèsFLEX® promotes faster absorption, quicker therapeutic benefit, and the elimination pattern shows longer blood levels suggesting a longer lasting activity.
- In a recent clinical study, AprèsFLEX® supplementation demonstrated significant improvements in joint comfort, function and mobility. Several objective blood markers of systemic activity were significantly improved as well.
HYALURONIC ACID (100mg)
- Hyaluronic Acid also known as hyaluronan or hyaluronate is a mucopolysaccharide occurring naturally throughout the body.
- This incredibly versatile molecule binds to water giving it an almost "jello" like viscosity and plays a key role in cushioning and lubricating areas such as tendons, joints and muscles.
- Hyaluronic acid is an important component of articular cartilage, where it is present as a coat around each cell. When aggrecan monomers bind to hyaluronan in the presence of HAPLN1 (Hyaluronanic acid and proteoglycan link protein 1), large, highly negatively charged aggregates form. These aggregates imbibe water and are responsible for the resilience of cartilage (its resistance to compression).
- A common forgotten aspect of Hyaluronic acid is its powerful antioxidant properties and its ability to protect against free-radical damage to cells. It has been used by many for skin treatments, osteoarthritis, wound healing, eye injuries, and as a potent antioxidant.
- A recent meta-analysis (Modawal et al., 2016) of the effectiveness of intra-articular hyaluronic acid for knee osteoarthritis that included 22 published and unpublished, single or double-blinded, randomized controlled trials in humans showed that hyaluronic acid has a therapeutic effect on joint pain relief when compared with placebo over the course of 5-12 weeks.
BIOPERINE® (BLACK PEPPER EXTRACT) (5mg)
- BioPerine is a patented extract of the fruit of black pepper that contains standardized amounts of the active ingredient piperine.
- Numerous clinical studies suggest that when a 5-mg dose of BioPerine is taken with other supplements, it may increase the absorption of those supplements.
- Boron is a mineral used by the body to build bones, improve the absorption of calcium, and for building and repairing joint cartilage.
- Boron may assist in preventing arthritis and is essential for optimal joint function.
- Boron deficiencies can lead to arthritis, degenerative joint disease, muscle pain, and weak joint cartilage
- In a study conducted by the US Department of Agriculture, boron was found to reduce the excretion of calcium by 44% in postmenopausal women who were given 3 mg of the nutrient per day. The results of the study showed that besides preventing calcium loss, boron also activated estrogen and vitamin D which slows the demineralization of the bone and protects against osteoporosis and arthritis.